Sunday, April 26, 2015

Simulator Games

Hello Gamers!
Today let’s talk about the saddest excuses for video games in the world: Simulator games based on the real world activities. They are buggy, most have no story or characters, no play value to begin with, and certainly no thought put in when they were being created and coded. I was watching Nerd Cubed play through “Airportsimulator” today, and, while laughing so hard I nearly fell out of my seat I thought about something. I thought “what if they were meant to be bad”. This thought intrigued me, because it seemed plausible. Games are always so fussed about during development that I think it could work as a good ironic joke.

Then I got to thinking about how stressful it must be for game developers. I mean, they get paid to predict what people will like, and like enough to pay through the nose to play their game. This is what makes me think that some game makers have either gone out of their gored, or decided to put a big prank on the valued member of Steam.

For those of you who don’t know, Airport simulator, like so many other simulators had problems. Physics engines were off, meaning that vehicles bounced off one another like they were bouncy balls. Planes landed as if they were “popping wheeleys” and so on.
A similar thing happened on farm simulator, where tractors had no physics when colliding with cars, seeds were wonky, and the game was just more of an ironic comedy twist on the lives of farmers. Another strange thought occurred to me, “who WANTS to play a game where you are a FARMER?????” I don’t know anyone who owns a computer that they also game on, who also wants an agrarian livelihood.
The only thing to do in that game worth any fun was finding other cars and bouncing into them, and that’s all I have to say to how horrid these games are, and may I suggest: keep your money and invest in better?
Resistance is Futile


Word Count: 344

No comments:

Post a Comment