Sunday, May 3, 2015

DC Universe

Hello Gamers!
Finally I have joined most of the adult gaming world. This past week I had finally downloaded GTA V, a bit late mind you, but I had a bit of trouble finding where my computer’s space kept going. I eventually found out that it was from an older game that I hadn’t done a blog on yet, which inspired me to make this blog.
The game in question was DC Universe Online, a fantastic big game by SOE. As the title may suggest, it is a game focusing around your heroic journey as a DC super hero or villain. You can choose to fight alongside Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman for Justice, truth, and the American way (and yes, I still say “American way” because nobody ever told me that I had to be politically correct, I’m no politician.  Or you could join the Legion of Doom, fighting alongside Lex Luthor, Darkseid, and someone else I can’t remember…don’t judge, everyone chooses heroes first anyway.
This game, like many MMO’s like it lets you choose first your side, then gender, mentor (class), specific ability (weapon/defense method), and finally what everyone has a mental image of: their super suit (cue the Disney-Samuel L. Jackson moment in your head).
I’ve played this game quite a bit, and I have to say it’s the best game including both villains and heroes, standing behind the Arkham Series and sits in front of the Lego Batman series. The gameplay is quite easy to master, with a traditional quick bar and multiple abilities you can train helping you fight the good fight. I also have to say something about how great the armor and item system works. Items are very clearly separated by color, unlike some other games where it’s hard at just a glance to see what it is or if it’s valuable. Not here however, here you know immediately what’s what.
If you never see one opening trailer for the rest of your life, I urge you to see the trailer for this game. The story is very rich and I was on the edge of my seat, which believe it or not is not that common. My reaction to the trailer included surprise and aww as to how great the story concept really was for this game.
Would I recommend this game to my friends to play? I would say absolutely, you don’t need to play religiously, just go and play it; you can even play for free! And for you non-coms you might just learn something
Resistance is Futile

Word Count: 431

No comments:

Post a Comment